This is a picture of Showplace Kitchen Cabinets with an ivory stain and a pewter glaze. This is one of our cabinetry displays that is in our showroom. Our main cabinetry line is from Showplace Wood Products located in South Dakota. With Showplace as our cabinetry vendor you the customer can create your own kitchen cabinetry setup.
Your new cabinetry creation begins at our showroom and ends wherever your imagination may lead. With Showplace cabinetry, you have the wide range of choices and custom options to create a personal look for your home. You'll find an array of choices that are logical and versatile, without the limitations and exclusions you'd confront with other cabinetry brands. So come to our showroom and look at the different examples of cabinetry combinations and styles. Then ask for our brochures that show many more cabinet combinations.
Steps to Creating Your Dream Cabinetry...
When you start thinking about what cabinet style and choice you want you need to think about certain things.
1. Select a door style that fits your style. There are 25 different styles of paneled doors to choose from ranging from styles that include raised-panels, flat-panels, slab-panels, applied-molding panels, beaded-panels, and mitered-frame panels.
2. Decide on a drawer header style and overlay. There are 6 different styles of drawer headers ranging from slab, five-piece flat panels, five-piece raised panels, beaded panels, mitered, and applied molding drawer headers. The Showplace door style are offered in two overlays, Traditional and International. The overlay refers to the amount of cabinet face frame is covered by the doors and drawer headers. The International overlay doors and drawer fronts are larger and cover more of the cabinet face frame. The Traditional overlay doors and drawer fronts are smaller and reveal more of the cabinet face frame. Since the smaller traditional overlay uses less material, they cost less, too. In the end, the overlay decision is one of personal tastes and budgets.
3. Select a wood species and finish. There are 7 different wood species to choose from: Cherry, Hickory, Lyptus, Maple, QS Oak, Red Oak, and RuAlder. Each wood species is available with different stain choices.
Cherry has a fine grain that often exhibits swirls and a flowing, random pattern. Cherry tends toward elegant warm tones and also darkens as it ages. Cherry is our highest-priced standard wood species.
Hickory is a heavy, dense wood with unpredictable grain patterns. Hickory also exhibits wide variation in color. Hickory costs slightly more than red oak.
Lyptus is an exotic hardwood that is grown on environmentally-managed South American plantations. Lyptus has a variable coloration and grain and is similar in hardness and pricing to maple. Lyptus has a naturally warm, deep coloration that darkens a lot with age.
Maple has a fine, uniform grain pattern and tends toward lighter colorations. Maple will darken with age but to a lesser degree than cherry. Maple costs slightly less than cherry.
Quartersawn White Oak uses the more difficult and costly quartersawing method to yield material with a distinctive grain pattern and superior stability.
Red Oak is a time-honored favorite that has a prominent, distinctive grain character that may show tiny rays and flowing patterns. Red Oak tends toward warm tones and is very hard with a high shock resistance. Red Oak is our lowest-priced wood species.
RuAlder is a moderately-soft wood that displays a fine grain and uniform coloration.
4.Consider all the Showplace glazed finish choices. Showplace offers 4 tones of hand-rubbed glazing on any wood/finish combination. Glazing is applied over the entire surface and then hand-wiped partially away. On flat surfaces, glazing will leave a subtle clouding of the stain, but in detailed areas of the cabinetry the glazing creates a visual contrast. To bring out glazing detail even more add accents like fluted fillers, detailed moldings, and carved onlays to your design. There's a choice between a carmel glaze, ebony glaze, ivory glaze, pewter glaze, or no glaze of course.
5. Begin to explore your many creative options. After you have assembled all the fundamental ingredients of door style, overlay, headers, wood species, finish and glazing, it's time to consider more creative possibilities. There's crown moldings, open cabinets topped by arched valances, glass doors, glass shelves, beaded backs, tall cabinets, deep cabinets, carved overlays, fluted fillers, and arched furniture skirting on the bottom of cabinets are just a few creative options that make your cabinetry unique.
6. Take comfort in the quality. After you have made all your decisions you'll be creating something lasting and important in your home. Showplace stands behind this quality with a five-year limited warranty on construction and finish, and a lifetime limited warranty on drawers, roll trays and hinges.
Face frames are 3/4" thick select hardwood components, dadoed to receive tops, bottoms and end panels.
The hand-applied finish is sealed and given an oven-baked topcoat of catalyzed varnish for lasting durability.
Hinges and drawer slides are concealed and carry a limited lifetime warranty.
Shelves are a hefty 3/4" thick and adjustable.
Interiors are of light birch melamine for easy cleanup.
All-wood construction for structural rigidity and lasting durability.
FEATURED BRANDS WE CARRY
8111 North Oak Trafficway Kansas City, Missouri 64118